Friday, January 5, 2007

I

Owie owie owie
You know that place?
The one we went to together a couple times,
An eleven hour drive,
Of sleeping side by side and watching silly musicals.
Remember that place where I used to smile?
Well I went there.

Alone*

Without you taking up all the space in the back seat
Without your snores keeping me up
Without your hugs to keep me warm when the AC was on
Without your comforting backrubs when my stomach hurt
Without your amazing smile when I learned how to play cards
Without our late night talks on the uncomfortable fouton
Without your strong hand in mine
Without your encouraging comments when I was afraid of a slide
And then you picking me up in the wave pool... and kissing me...

Yeah,
I went there.
Thought you should know.

2 comments:

threePIXELgap said...

My poor Ainz...
I wish I could just pick you up and make it all go away... but alas I am not that good.

So here I sit and here I stay to be a friend to you whenever you need it. I will not judge your decisions as some others do, even though I may not encourage them.

You deserve better, you deserve to smile again.

MaryLeola said...

Love you sista...you're strong, you're spirited...but no one's that strong...i remember my first trip out west, how much i cried...well your sistas love ya babe