Friday, January 12, 2007

L

My heart is made of paper
Tissue paper that is flimsy and pink
I once put it in a bag
Then I gave it to you with a card
"I want you to have this forever."
Thats what the card said
You opened the bag
Began to look for the treasure inside
There was only pink paper
You looked upset
You didnt realize that you had my everything in your hand
And you were crumpling it up in your fist


My heart isn't some paper doll than you can dress up with your loving words


After you left the room
I picked up the paper
Smoothed it out
And as I said "I love you."
I tore a piece of the pink tissue paper
And I placed it in your jacket pocket
Then I walked out the door for the last time
I was so stupid
Because now I have my paper heart
But a piece is missing
You have it with you always
I can't bring myself to ask for it back
Because even if you handed it to me
I wouldn't take it







I don't want the world to see me
Cuz I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's meant to be broken
I just want you to know who I am.

1 comment:

threePIXELgap said...

There is something profound in the way you write. Its like you take all the gut-wrenching sadness from your heart and put it on the screen.

And then I feel your pain...
You don't deserve this chicky. Be strong.